Right As Rain Jacket
I was very excited to the spring line of lulu this spring (actually, mostly it was winter since it was still so cold out!) I ordered the Fo Drizzle jacket, thinking it was going to be the answer to all my spring coat problems. It was nice, but not $200 worth of raincoat. Fortunately, I was traveling somewhere with a Lulu store so I was able to go in and return the Fo drizzle, and decided to try on this jacket at the store- I'm so very glad I did! The cut is phenomenal--- something that I just know that I'll be wearing for 10+ years. I finally got to wear it yesterday and today because it was warm enough, an I had several people compliment me on it already :)
The only improvement I could suggest would be to extend the fleece from the neck all the way through the coat
March 7, 2014
Perfect Rain Jacket!!!
I'm 5'7", 147 pounds and fluctuate between 10 and 12's in jackets (depending on room I want). I ordered the 12 and am very pleased. I could have sized down but prefer a roomier fit, so I can wear layers underneath, and still have breathing room. Love the drawstring in the back, the length and the hood. Just overall great jacket for our rainy season here in Northern CA.
March 2, 2014
CAUTION: Don't wear if you don't like attention!!
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this jacket! I have the dark orange color from a couple years back. It's like a dark papaya color. It is Amazing all around. The fit is unbelievably comfortable. It is super flattering and stinking cute! Wore to AKC dog show and felt like I was top dog! Everyone stopped me to ask about my Right as Rain jacket! Cannot wear without compliments! Must have item!
February 1, 2014
I have had this jacket for just over a year now and it is still going strong! The bum coverage is a major plus and it is wonderfully rain resistant! I live on the "Wet Coast" so it is a life long struggle to find a rain proof jacket - and this one is a winner. The extra large hood is handy, and the pockets leave tons of room for whatever you may need. The only wear and tear on my jacket is it's zipper cord is ripped (which is GREAT considering how often I wear it) ! Love this jacket and I highly recommend it :)
January 27, 2014
just kidding, this is not a rain jacket
I don't even know where to start. This is not even remotely water resistant. Rain soaks right in and does not even try to bead up on the fabric. The zippers are made to look like water proof sealed zippers but are in fact just regular zippers sown inside out. I want a time machine to go back in time and remind myself that lululemon no longer makes quality apparel and save my $200 in stead of giving them a second chance.
Don't get me wrong, this is one good looking jacket, but putting the words "rain jacket" in the title of a jacket that does not posses the basic qualities is false advertisement.
January 19, 2014
I was tempted by this jacket last year but it seemed way too expensive, so I resisted. But I hate rain and being wet, and I did not have a real raincoat. So I bit the bullet (with some encouragement from a friend) and bought it this year because I really did think about this jacket for the past year. First and foremost, you have to understand that I LOVE items that can do double duty -- i.e. sporty clothes that can work in a business-dress office setting. I have worn this jacket under all sorts of conditions for the past two months and I must say that this is my preferred jacket to wear at almost all times. I bought it in black, and it's sleek enough to wear to work but sporty enough to wear on weekends. It resists wind and rain like the dickens. I love the roomy fleeced pockets, I love the inner pocket. The double zippers are extremely handy when you need to get something from a jeans pocket or back pocket, and when you're leaving a workout completely drenched and need to cool off but don't want to catch a chill (just open up bottom zipper to cool off a bit!). I like that it serves double duty really well. However, there are a few things that I wish could be improved, which truly would make this jacket perfect:
1) I hate the super shiny impossible to miss Lululemon metal insignia on the hood. It looks stupid and definitely detracts from its ability to go undercover as a perfect coat to wear to work in an office-setting. Mind you, I still do it but I am fully aware that it is not dressy enough for work and the metal button on the forehead is a large factor in that problem. A black metal or other fabric matching logo would be hugely preferable.
2) It is a shell which means you cannot wear this jacket without layering if it is too cold/cool because there is no warm fuzzy fleecy layer to keep the cold at bay. Meaning, while the jacket is very wind resistant, a cold wind will make the shell feel like a layer of freezing coldness right up against your skin. A zip-out fleece liner made of a thicker version of whatever is lining the pockets would be heavenly and make this jacket completely perfect. HINT HINT. Then I could probably wear this jacket well into winter unless it drops below freezing!
3) Threading an earphone wire through the hole made for such wires into the inner pocket is not easy and takes some maneuvering. More difficult than I expected and kind of a PITA.
December 5, 2013
Great Rain Jacket
Very nice Slim looking Jaket. Deffinitly keeps you dry. It fits tts but I chose to size down from my my usual 4 to a 2 because;
1. I felt it was more flattering when fit a little snug (kinda like the dance studio jacket). Arms were a bit too snug at first..not a problem anymore as I suspected it stretched to fit comfortably after a couple wears.
2. I bought it for rainy days befor it got to cold out and not intending to wear anything to bulky underneath.
This is a keeper I plan to buy it again next year in a differnt color if lulu brings it back.
November 17, 2013
Good but could use some changes
After much debate I ordered this jacket. Overall I am happy but there are a few changes which could be made.
First the jacket fits me fine with the exception of under the arms. It is hard to lift your arms above your shoulders while zipped up in this jacket.
Also, the pocket placement seems odd. They are more to the front of the jacket then the sides, which seems to give the jacket a fit around the tummy which isn't ideal.
lastly, the zipper is tricky to do up. It does get easier with wear, but you do have to become accustomed to firmly lining up both zipper heads.
November 17, 2013
Great jacket, terrible zipper
Bought this jacket before a fall trip to northern France. It was perfect for the wild changes in weather while I was there, and since returning to the States. I'm between an 8 and 10 and got the 10. I can layer heavy sweaters under it just fine. However, the zipper is really annoyingly difficult to zip. My dad would say "it needs a little WD-40". Other than that, it's great and I wear it all the time.
November 16, 2013
I absolutely love this jacket! Even if it's just a rain jacket, it's really stylish.
I am usually size 6, but after reading all the reviews, I ordered one size up, and the fit is great. For reference I am 5'11 and 132lbs.
November 11, 2013