Surge Short 7" *Luxtreme Liner
poor design with style over function
I got these shorts as a gift. I guess they look kind of cool, but they are my least favorite running/workout shorts.
- There is a fake fly. It makes the shorts look like underwear. Since there is a loose flap of fabric, it looks like the fly is open and my little buddy might fall out at any moment.
- The seams on the liner are huge! The liner is composed of several pieces of fabric with raised ridges along every seam. That's not what I want against my skin.
- The liner is longer than the shorts. The liner has an extra piece of striped fabric stitched along the bottom who's only purpose is to stick out and be seen. These are workout clothes!
- Pockets are too small. The front/hip pocket is just a little too small for an iphone, and the back pocket is just a little too small for a credit card. So what were they sized for?
- Only available in shades of black. There is a reflective strip, but I prefer bright clothing for visibility when I run outside.
On a side note, I don't understand why Lululemon doesn't offer short running shorts without a liner. All shorts either have a bathing suit style chafer or these 'luxtreme' monsters. A saleswoman told me that I could just cut the liner out, like her boyfriend did. Lulu also needs shorter options, athletic shorts should not be knee length!
September 11, 2014
don't buy the lakeside blue ones
the blue part of the liner isn't long enough. basically your quad will show half of the black liner, the seam, and then the blue part of the lining. Poorly designed, though i much prefer the long liner to the brief liner that normally is on the surge 7" shorts.
May 24, 2014
Pockets not suitable for running with an Iphone
I was excited to try these shorts when I saw the previous review. I was equally disappointed when I got the shorts and found that the side zipper pocket was way too small to carry a phone. I took my Iphone out of the case and was able to cram it into the pocket but it was very cumbersome and really not usable with a headset cord. The overall materials and build appear good as one would expect for running shorts at this price. Does anyone have a suggestion for quality running shorts with a high rear hips pockets to snugly hold and Iphone and yet still have the phone accessible? Also, $5 to return on line purchases! Really Lulu, that is not good service for premium priced products
April 7, 2014
Best shorts ever!
I love these shorts! The mid-thigh length liner is the perfect length and super comfortable. These shorts are my go-tos for running, squatting and every day wear.
They've updated the pocket so that my iPhone stays inside even when it's unzipped.
March 14, 2014