Right As Rain Jacket
I was tempted by this jacket last year but it seemed way too expensive, so I resisted. But I hate rain and being wet, and I did not have a real raincoat. So I bit the bullet (with some encouragement from a friend) and bought it this year because I really did think about this jacket for the past year. First and foremost, you have to understand that I LOVE items that can do double duty -- i.e. sporty clothes that can work in a business-dress office setting. I have worn this jacket under all sorts of conditions for the past two months and I must say that this is my preferred jacket to wear at almost all times. I bought it in black, and it's sleek enough to wear to work but sporty enough to wear on weekends. It resists wind and rain like the dickens. I love the roomy fleeced pockets, I love the inner pocket. The double zippers are extremely handy when you need to get something from a jeans pocket or back pocket, and when you're leaving a workout completely drenched and need to cool off but don't want to catch a chill (just open up bottom zipper to cool off a bit!). I like that it serves double duty really well. However, there are a few things that I wish could be improved, which truly would make this jacket perfect:
1) I hate the super shiny impossible to miss Lululemon metal insignia on the hood. It looks stupid and definitely detracts from its ability to go undercover as a perfect coat to wear to work in an office-setting. Mind you, I still do it but I am fully aware that it is not dressy enough for work and the metal button on the forehead is a large factor in that problem. A black metal or other fabric matching logo would be hugely preferable.
2) It is a shell which means you cannot wear this jacket without layering if it is too cold/cool because there is no warm fuzzy fleecy layer to keep the cold at bay. Meaning, while the jacket is very wind resistant, a cold wind will make the shell feel like a layer of freezing coldness right up against your skin. A zip-out fleece liner made of a thicker version of whatever is lining the pockets would be heavenly and make this jacket completely perfect. HINT HINT. Then I could probably wear this jacket well into winter unless it drops below freezing!
3) Threading an earphone wire through the hole made for such wires into the inner pocket is not easy and takes some maneuvering. More difficult than I expected and kind of a PITA.
December 5, 2013
Great Rain Jacket
Very nice Slim looking Jaket. Deffinitly keeps you dry. It fits tts but I chose to size down from my my usual 4 to a 2 because;
1. I felt it was more flattering when fit a little snug (kinda like the dance studio jacket). Arms were a bit too snug at first..not a problem anymore as I suspected it stretched to fit comfortably after a couple wears.
2. I bought it for rainy days befor it got to cold out and not intending to wear anything to bulky underneath.
This is a keeper I plan to buy it again next year in a differnt color if lulu brings it back.
November 17, 2013
Good but could use some changes
After much debate I ordered this jacket. Overall I am happy but there are a few changes which could be made.
First the jacket fits me fine with the exception of under the arms. It is hard to lift your arms above your shoulders while zipped up in this jacket.
Also, the pocket placement seems odd. They are more to the front of the jacket then the sides, which seems to give the jacket a fit around the tummy which isn't ideal.
lastly, the zipper is tricky to do up. It does get easier with wear, but you do have to become accustomed to firmly lining up both zipper heads.
November 17, 2013
Great jacket, terrible zipper
Bought this jacket before a fall trip to northern France. It was perfect for the wild changes in weather while I was there, and since returning to the States. I'm between an 8 and 10 and got the 10. I can layer heavy sweaters under it just fine. However, the zipper is really annoyingly difficult to zip. My dad would say "it needs a little WD-40". Other than that, it's great and I wear it all the time.
November 16, 2013
I absolutely love this jacket! Even if it's just a rain jacket, it's really stylish.
I am usually size 6, but after reading all the reviews, I ordered one size up, and the fit is great. For reference I am 5'11 and 132lbs.
November 11, 2013
AWESOME RAIN JACKET
I purchased mine in the plum and love it.
It fits kind of snug so size up if you want to layer under.
The hood is really awesome. It's been raining in my town a lot & I've had plenty of opportunities to put this to the test.
The jacket has kept me super dry so far.
November 8, 2013
Lovely rain jacket!
I bought this in inkwell a few months ago after trying it on in store. It is a shell, so it is not super warm, but it is nice for fall/spring. I think that it is very flattering and I can wear it to/from work and feel that it looks professional. I love the length and the fit.
It is a little snug in the shoulders, but that hasn't been a problem for me (bought my TTS). The hood is great and so far, this coat has kept me dry!
November 7, 2013
Nice, not amazing
I have been wanting this jacket since the original one was launched sometime ago. And after reading so many reviews, I remained on the fence for a long time, deciding to forego buying last year.
This year I bit the bullet. Fact is, I need a stylish rain jacket with a hood, I live on the west coast of BC, it's wet here.
I am 5'4", 125lbs with 32DDD's. I ordered a size 8 in the Dune colour. I am usually a size 8 sometimes 6 in Lulu - so it's a crapshoot when ordering online...
Here are my first try-on details:
1. Great colour
2. This is a shell, look away if you need a warm lining
3. Fit across the shoulders, chest and arms is perfect. I tried this one with just a t-shirt, and I know there is no way I can get a chunky cable knit sweater under this jacket size. A light long sleeve knit is going to be the thickest I can go.
4. Fit below the chest: torso is good, and cinching in is needed for some shape. Although the cinch is just in the back area, the end result is ok.
5. Fit below the torso: definitely ROOMY. While I might consider sizing up to the 10 for more room to accommodate sweaters, the material from the waist down would be WAY too much. And possibly end up looking like a giant tent.
If the shoulders, arm and chest area were cut differently, I could probably go with a size 6, considering the rest of the jackets' fit. But if I hope to wear any of my sweaters, I have to reconsider the right size.
Ultimately, I am undecided on keeping the jacket. I like it, it's not as amazing as I thought it would be, hoped it would be. And seems to be a bit high priced for what you get (no lining, inconsistent fit/style).
I think there needs to be a slight re-work of this one for next year.
I recommend trying on in-store first if you can (I tried but they had none in stock).
November 4, 2013
best jacket ever and I mean EVER!!!
This is a beauty of a jacket Lululemon!!! Its never fails to amaze me how I can think that one item of my wardrobe from Lulu is my alltime favorite and then another comes along. This coat fits great, I usually wear a 6 but ordered the ink in a size 8 to be able to layer and it is not to big just perfect. I can tell that since all that is left is size 2's that everyone is loving this jacket as well. Thanks Lulu I am one of your dedicated buyers forever.
October 31, 2013
Runs a little small, but I still love it!
I'm 5'7", 150 lbs and about 36 around the bust; I purchased a size 8 in navy which has always been my size for both tops and bottoms at Luly. I picked it up at my store (as it was on clearance for $149) without trying it on. When I tried it on, it definitely felt like it fit like a glove. Initially, I was worried the jacket was too tight, especially since I'm a little curvy in the hips and felt I couldn't sit down properly without feeling stiff in the jacket.
However, I had no idea that you could unzip the zipper in both directions! I usually leave it a little unzipped near the bottom (unless it's pouring outside) to easily get in, sit in, and get out of the car, chairs, sofas, etc. I don't mind it so much, but it can be a hassle to bend forward to get it started due to how long it is.
I spoke to a kind associate at my store, and we both agreed that the seam across the top of the shoulders was sewn a little tight. I can see that this is difficult material to sew, but I felt that purchasing a size 10 would have been too much (but maybe great for thick layering).
The only reason I'm giving this a 4 is the tightness in the shoulders and arms. Otherwise, the material is great--very sturdy, soft on the inside, and comfortable. The length in the back is extremely flattering for any feminine figure and the hood goes on for days. Probably better than my Rise and Shine hood, which I complimented so wonderfully in my review. This one is very protective against the rain and insulates incredibly well. I'm extremely pleased with it. So glad it was on final sale!
Fit - 3/5
Color - 5/5
Quality - 5/5
October 28, 2013